I am an exceptionally motivated Systems Administrator with over 10 years of experience with working in my home office and lab environments but only 5 years of what most people call “professional experience” meaning working in a office building experience right.
In spare Time I spend working on new server solutions, I have never heard of before example So if today someone told me about how they have built an Nginx server my next project to work on at home is to build an Nginx server and learn about nginx and how it works. Rarely watch TV or majority of the time not at all.
Do I have a girlfriend? Not attractive enough to females mostly a repellent for them lol
I am Self-taught in Windows / Linux OS and taking online training at linux academy to help with learning Linux terminology.
Recently in past years of 2019 and 2020 to now I have been studying and learning about AWS and is currently studying for my AWS Sys OPs certification exam & and eventually start my studies for my AWS Network Specialists certification exam.
Also take time to learn about Azure cloud platform
So far in my studying I learned how to deploy in AWS
- EC2 instance
- AWS auto scaling group (ASG)
- Elastic Load Balancers (ELB)
- Virtual Private Cloud(VPC)
- Virtual Private Networks(VPN)
- Cloud formation (Still learning I build all Cloud formation templates in YAML)
I am putting in my projects section the written articles of how to setup AWS resources in coming days
Current Scripting languages I know are bash and YAML
To give a bigger explanation of my skillset(s)
My Area of expertise is Administration, troubleshooting, and building/configuring Windows and linux servers
- Have exposure to Cloud solutions(AWS, Openstack, Nextcloud and Xpenology)
- Have exposure to VMware EXSI Hypervisor
- Configured PFsense router/firewall solution and using on home network
- Integrated openstack cloud solution on home Lab network running PXE server VM within this cloud solution (depreciated now)
- deployed 2x Xpenology cloud solutions as a media and backup servers on my home office network and can access remotely
- Have active users accessing Xpenology cloud solution daily for backups and media server. Reason to Learn how to keep uptime and management of a production solutions
- Running Vmware EXSI in home office environment
- Built internal ticketing system using OS ticket for home use to keep track of projects
- Deployed domain controller using Active Directory to handle management of all users connected onto my network and proper group policies in place in place.
- Currently working to learn how to use Active Directory and LDAP properly communicating to get better user management over the active users accessing my cloud daily.
- Also Learning AWS Directory Services and how to migrate active directory user to directory services
- Love to teach others Computers as well especially other technicians & talking to them because sometimes the best way to learn is to teach because sometimes even your students can teach you something. Always remember it is always good for the student to supersede the teacher because that how the next generation becomes better.
Now here is what I am using currently in my lab at home
Check out the machines I am using below:
All Machines are connected to a 48 port Gigabit Switch on a 1GB connection